How to Maximize Your Roof’s Lifespan
Seeing that an average homeowner can spend between $7,000-20,000 on roof replacement, making sure your roof gets its full life expectancy is crucial. Depending on the material, your roof could last only 15-20 years or well beyond 30 years. Regardless, maintaining your roof can impact its lifespan by at least 25%. At Dedicated Roofing, we want to help you maximize your investment and not have to replace your roof prematurely. Follow these tips to help your roof live a long life:
- Keep your Gutters Clean—When your gutters are not maintained regularly, they can collect debris, sticks, leaves, and even pests. In addition, water will start to pool because of the clogging. Standing water in your gutters can eventually cause your roofing materials to rot and encourage even more pests. If regular gutter maintenance is difficult or inconvenient for you, consider gutter guards which tremendously reduce your gutter maintenance.
- Remove Debris from Your Roof and Gutters—Make sure to not let branches and debris hang out on your roof. Eventually, they can cause clogging issues and lead to premature roof deterioration
- Schedule a Professional Cleaning—Being proactive with your roof’s cleanliness could greatly impact the health of your roof. When a roof is cleaned and maintained, you will be less likely to have moss, rot, or accumulated debris, which could shorten your roof’s life.
- Check on Your Ventilation—Especially with the humidity in Georgia, your attic needs to have efficient ventilation. If not, you could have humid air trapped in your attic year-round, which could lead to significant structural damage over time.
- Call Dedicated Roofing for an Inspection—Having your roof inspected by licensed and insured professionals every 2-3 years is wise for the longevity of your home. We can find issues to resolve and repair before they grow into significant and costly problems. If you keep your roof in good repair, you will be less likely to have a premature replacement.
If you need roofing services, schedule a visit from our team at Dedicated Roofing. We want to help you get the most out of your investment by prolonging your roof’s life.
Let us show you the dedicated roofing difference for Free
Free No Obligation Consultation
Scheduled at a Time Convenient For You.
We want the opportunity to show you how much better your experience can be by choosing Dedicated Roofing. Schedule a free consultation with one of our professionals to see how our process and services far exceed your typical home service
experience. We stand behind our quality, craftsmanship, and customer care. Schedule your free consultation today because the only thing you possibly have to lose are your