How to Extend the Life of your Roof
A roof can be one of the most expensive investments a homeowner makes in their home. Maximizing the lifespan of your roof will ensure that you get the best long-term return on your money. The team at Dedicated Roofing compiled our best tips to keep your roof looking and functioning well for years to come.
- Keep your Roof Clean—Over time, moss and mold can start growing on your roof. Your roof’s surface can break down prematurely if you do not address the issue. Schedule a professional roof soft wash to remove algae from your roof..
- Maintain your Gutters—Gutters perform the essential task of carrying water and debris away from your roof and foundation of your home. When gutters become clogged with leaves or green waste, water can buildup and damage your roof. Make sure that your gutters are cleaned regularly. Installing gutter guards will also minimize how much maintenance is necessary.
- Trim Back Branches—Tree branches can cause significant damage to your roof if they fall when the next storm comes. Keeping your trees trimmed away from your roof will minimize the chance of future damage. Also, overhanging tree branches can be an easy path for wildlife to get onto your roof. Small animals can do serious damage if they can easily access your roof and home.
- Lose the Leaves—When leaves are allowed to pile up on your roof, they can cause damage as they can trap water. Also, leaves can eventually end up sliding down and clogging up your gutters. Especially during the fall, watch out for leaves accumulating on your roof.
- Have a Roof Inspection Every Other Year—A professional roof inspection is the ideal way to keep your roof in good condition. People go to checkups to catch health issues early on. A roof inspector can do the same thing for your roof. Undetected roof damage can worsen over time, causing your roof to fail prematurely and possibly even allowing interior damage to your home. A roof inspector will locate any problems and offer suggestions for resolving them.
- Utilize a Professional Roofing Company—Choosing the right company is ideal for the longevity of your roof. If you are having a new roof installed, you need to be confident that the roof is installed properly to reach the promised lifetime. Even if you are only having repairs done, you need a professional and credentialed company to ensure that the repair is completed properly. Make sure to ask about a roofing company’s experience, insurance coverage, and certifications.
When you choose Dedicated Roofing, you can feel confident that your roof is in good hands. Our team has the experience and credentials necessary to help you maximize your roof’s lifespan. Whether you need a roof inspection, a repair, or a complete replacement, we are standing by to help!
Let us show you the dedicated roofing difference for Free
Free No Obligation Consultation
Scheduled at a Time Convenient For You.
We want the opportunity to show you how much better your experience can be by choosing Dedicated Roofing. Schedule a free consultation with one of our professionals to see how our process and services far exceed your typical home service
experience. We stand behind our quality, craftsmanship, and customer care. Schedule your free consultation today because the only thing you possibly have to lose are your